VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
We used to go there every year with our T2 and the kids back in the early noughties. It was all splits and Bays then, hardly a T4 in sight.

·
Registered
9,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah been coming here for many years also , just got a nice feel about the place ....although its real busy (uncomfortably in places) today .
Plenty of walking and maybe a swim later if i'm feeling brave (y)

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Jealous - really missing the SW this year (although I prefer Braunton/Saunton). Might try and smash down for a few days at October half term.

·
Registered
9,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We wussed out in the end , 6hrs walking instead .....maybe next time 😁
Beach was busy but many people actually socially distanced (y).
20200914_133107.jpg

·
Registered
9,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ive learnt over the years that pasties and cider (normally when consumed together) give me wicked indigestion so to avoid them .
I do still partake once in a while but normally favour wine and pizza instead these days 😁(y)

·
Registered
73 Posts
Ive learnt over the years that pasties and cider (normally when consumed together) give me wicked indigestion so to avoid them .
I do still partake once in a while but normally favour wine and pizza instead these days 😁(y)
I feel your pain. In my middle age I have found that pastry gives me terrible indigestion. Joys of getting older! Thankfully red wine has no effect.....other than the occasional heavy head!

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Beach doesn't look too bad although strictly outside of school hols now isn't it so still busy? Good to see its still classic Woolacombe though where people can't walk more than 100m up the beach to where its absolutely deserted :D

·
Registered
9,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Is that in the carpark maxim or back in the day when it was free parking virtually all the way to Mortehoe?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Is that in the carpark maxim or back in the day when it was free parking virtually all the way to Mortehoe?
It's actually over the other side of the beach near Baggy Point - the pic shows people in the sea. we used to park up there with fish and chips while the sun went down.
This was in 2010 and yes .... I'm pretty sure you could park all the way along the road to Mortehoe for free. We used to park just above barricane beach and get lunch at the little shop on the beach - is it still there? I'm sure there were plenty of Barricane Shells in the T2 when it went.
Looking forward to getting back there in the T4 but without kids this time of course :-(

·
Registered
9,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
There is a shop and a take away still that end of the beach .
Parking all up that side and in the 2 fields across the road ....all of it was full yesterday which for a week day and now the kids are meant to be back at school we where very surprised by 😮 .

1 - 20 of 23 Posts