VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Those seats look superb, so good in fact that I've just bought a set myself after reading this!
If I could do it again I'd mount the double with about a 2cm bias towards the centre of the van. I mounted mine central on the base and they fit fine but are a bit tight up against the b pillar and there's lots of room on the handbrake side. Also a stepped drill bit and pillar drill made life a lot easier.A:

Good luck!

·
Registered
646 Posts
Thanks for the tips crewbus, I made a similar mistake with my current drivers seat. I'll let you know how it turns out.

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
So, time to resurrect the thread. First up some housekeeping, since the last update almost 4 years ago, audi seats are still exceptionally comfortable, the van has had a set of pp0.5 injectors, a project power 2.5" exhaust, head came off and got skimmed (mainly due to a snapped glowplug), after all that it went on a dyno and is running 111bhp, finally a set of properly load rated 17" wolfrace alloys with some 225/55 17 tyres that fit and look much better than the old 15"s

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
one of the first big spends i went for when i got my van was a set of projektzwo's, bought from germany, they needed extensive work to bring them back to life. So after a full bulb to connector rewire, replacing 50% of the adjuster screws and a good clean up and repaint of the frames and the shroud i decided to FINALLY put them on the van.

So it's gone from this....

To this...

and then back to this...

because after all that work, and finally fitting them, i've decided that i don't actually think they suit my van, i think if it was in original paprika red instead of it's resprayed colorado red they would pop a little more and the black vs red contrast would really help, but with the darker red i don't think they work so i've gone back to standard lights with the clear indicators.

I'm a bit gutted to be honest, because I was about to embark on a Turk inspired pz upgrade, with modern hella 90mm modular lights, led halos and 3d printed housings which I'd already drawn up ready to print but alas I shall save all that for another project.

Anyway, what do you think, better with the quads or without?

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
So I’ve bought a Caravelle as it suit my needs now a little better so red van is up for sale. I’ll be putting an ad up in the classifieds shortly but any interest give me a PM

21 - 26 of 26 Posts