VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I haven't asked this question for a while as I've been busy elsewhere, just wondering what clever working van ideas people are rocking these days??

Plenty of campers on here but good to see something different...

I've been playing with mine a little recently and am currently trying out a "prototype" sliding bulkhead that slides on Caravelle rails..

Anyone else??

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
Sorry but whats the point? either have a bulkhead or not, it looks like an invention of a huge toothpaste/silicone gun contraption from inside a van, sorry if I sound like Jeremy so you can take a free swing next time we meet :D

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The idea is I can stack against it which massively increases carrying capacity and safety. Also slides so if I'm carrying minimal bits I can slide the bulkhead and seats further back and give more cab space.

It's a prototype to trial which is why it's rough and ready, finished product would be carpeted cab side and rubber coated back. It's also running on locking genuine seat brackets in the rails so locates and locks properly :)

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I like it....would be cool with some sort of seal or brushes on the edges to stop dust etc spreading to the cab
I've been looking into long brush draft excluders as the bulkhead can't be too snug as it needs to clear the pillars etc.

Plans might be changing soon as I'm considering a new one but LWB

This is what I'm currently carrying but it's normally more and more organised

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
....and I thought I was the only one who use their van to earn a living. Mine is a mobile tip in the back but I hope to shelve and rack it soon. Always good to see what others have done...

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
....and I thought I was the only one who use their van to earn a living. Mine is a mobile tip in the back but I hope to shelve and rack it soon. Always good to see what others have done...
....no, I think a lot on here use there vans to make a living as well as leisure....

·
Registered
15 Posts
Nice draw where did you get the long draw runners
The runners are from GSF-promounts...they weren't cheap, but they are quality. There are all kinds of runners depending on how big and how much your carrying. I've got some that lock in, so there is no movement when traveling.

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I don't have the luxury of working from the van, when I get to a job it gets emptied and parked somewhere (sometimes near, sometimes far!)

·
Registered
496 Posts
Mines changed a little from this.

Im currently perfecting a slide out centre section, which attaches to the velle rails and slides out the side doors with my systainers.

ill get some updated pics up at the weekend.

col.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Mines changed a little from this.

Im currently perfecting a slide out centre section, which attaches to the velle rails and slides out the side doors with my systainers.

ill get some updated pics up at the weekend.

col.
That all looks a bit OCD to me! You must take longer to put your tools away than doing the actual job!T:

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
That all looks a bit OCD to me! You must take longer to put your tools away than doing the actual job!T:
As someone who's van was racked out & well organised for work I would say full brownie points to the owner.

If you can disipline yourself to keep things nice & tidy you will say a lot of time (& impress your customers too).

·
Registered
496 Posts
Nope, best thing i ever did m8.
Prior to this my old t5 panel van, used to get everything 'launched' in at the end of a job, and i used to spend all weekend emptying it out and sorting it out. feking nightmare!!

It must of weighed 6000kg's and whenever i opened a door everything fell out!, i couldnt find anything, everything got damaged, and i spent longer looking for something i could of sworn i had, but hadent.

This was the best thing i ever did, i keep all my 'core' tools in the back, and still have 7 seats, 'if you saw my van from the inside you cant even see the tools behind the rear triple!.

I then have 40 odd systainer cases, which carry all my stock, and i can lock and load them in the middle depending on what job im on.

It makes you stay organised.

col.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts