VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi folks, thinking of spraying my work tops in the van or something different ?
any body done something different or any idea's and photo's to give me some inspiration.

please help ??

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sticker bomb sounds good or a worktop wrap..

more ideas please folks..

my old fella just told me to cover it in leather ??????? :*

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
I have some light blue tresspa you can have to replace your worktop if you want it. 1 piece about 400mm wide by approx 1.8mtrs long. Free is always a good price :D

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the offer tallwallfitter,but i need just over 2 mtrs (and my van is blue).

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
no problem and good luck finding something. Offer is open to anyone who can use it. T:

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
I cut a worktop in 12mm stone the other day. A nice black with chrome bits in it. We've got loads of off cuts at work, probabally throw away 10tons/month. I'm suprised it's not used more often.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
I cut a worktop in 12mm stone the other day. A nice black with chrome bits in it. We've got loads of off cuts at work, probabally throw away 10tons/month. I'm suprised it's not used more often.
Does that weigh a tonne?, must look stunning though T:

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
think i fancy wood graining doing any ideas where to get it sorted ? or as any one done it ?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
all ready have mdf work tops in,wanted it spraying but just had a price from a local sprayer £180 would want half my van spraying for that LOL:

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
buy a sheet of 3mm ply and have it cut into strips of about 50mm wide by 500mm long. Strip back you worktop, then glue ply on top in staggered strips. Stain to your choice of color. 2 coats of 50% varnish & thinners. Light rub down then 1 last coat. Cover with piece of 6mm toughened glass T:

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
more good idea's from tallwallfitter, iam looking for the polished worktop look (like the glass idea)...

can you spray a coat of lacquer over the plastic wrap sticky stuff ????? :confused:

·
Registered
262 Posts
My worktops and Table will be real Carbon Fibre when I get around to laying them up. They will have a nice rolled edge and should suit the black and grey theme nicely. A:A:

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
will that be a Carbon Fibre Wrap or the real stuff,would like to see some pics when finished it sounds awsome. T:

·
Registered
262 Posts
will that be a Carbon Fibre Wrap or the real stuff,would like to see some pics when finished it sounds awsome. T:
Hey, it will all be real carbon, finished like glass with a clear gel coat. All the work top and table A: I don't use wrapT: although I do like it.
Should look abit different. I have just finished some eyebrows, wing mirror covers and door handles. Will post up some pics soon.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well done my work top covered it in leather and i think it looks good..
will post pics soon..

1 - 19 of 19 Posts