VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
we have a 54 reg 2.5 TDi auto. I checked the oil etc this morning and then set off on 3.5 hour journey. All perfect until I came off the motoroway. Suddenly alarm 'oil pres' and STOP ENGINE came up.

Unable to stop where we were but went off in about a minute and didn't come back on. Checked oil, all fine.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
448 Posts
Sounds like an oil and filter change is in order to me mate.
When oil gets up to temp then engine revs drop after a considerable high constant it can sometimes cause this problem.
Just make sure you put the right oil in. Normally 5w 40 synthetic (if engine is high miles i personally like to up it to 10w 40T:

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like an oil and filter change is in order to me mate.
When oil gets up to temp then engine revs drop after a considerable high constant it can sometimes cause this problem.
Just make sure you put the right oil in. Normally 5w 40 synthetic (if engine is high miles i personally like to up it to 10w 40T:
Thanks. Hmm, I just bought it about 3 weeks ago and it received a full service the day before (I was given the reciept). Only put a couple hundred miles on since.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Get it looked at on VAG COM. May have a fault code flash up to steer you in the right direction. Otherwise:* sorry mate.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts