VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking of changing the van colour, trying to keep on top of black drives me mad.
What are peoples experience with wraps. Have you had a van wrapped? What kind of cost and how long/well does it last?
Thanks
Brian

·
Registered
2 Posts
I was quoted around £600 for a half van spray job but that didn't include inside the doors etc but ive decided on a wrap which is being designed as I type. Sorry not overly useful answer :D:ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
9,183 Posts
Paint would be my vote , wrap from all reports is just as expensive and doesn't last as long .
TES 2015 is a member on here that springs to mind that has tried both .
His 'minty' project used to be minty green wrap but is now an awesome shade of grey paint .

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have been told £5500 for a full colour change by a really good painter, he suggested possibly wrapping it.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No B&T he doesn't he's always flat out. I am thinking of a new van. I have always want a van on air and the wife said get it done, but it would still be black.
It looks great when it has just been polished but by the time the neighbours tree drops **** all over it it looks rubbish.
I might try a paint restoration and ceramic coating and see how it is then.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Get the black van properly detailed and ceramic coated so it's easier to clean/keep clean.

In no way would I ever get a vehicle wrapped but that's just personal opinion.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
DaveyB I think I will go with a professional paint restoration and ceramic coating and see how that works out. I just seem to be forever cleaning the van rather than using it.
I hate dirty vehicles, I love the van in black when I have just finished cleaning and polishing it.
Brian

·
Registered
9,183 Posts
You could try some of this -
I use it and its great stuff imho.
Water doesnt sit on the van and bird poo washes straight off when blasted with a hose rather than scrubbing at it .

·
Premium Member
388 Posts
Hi all,

I’ve had the pleasure of having both wrap and full respray in the last 3 years.

I had a full wrap completed by Boss Dog Graphics based in Surrey, wrap was awesome and looked amazing for around 18 months. Cost of this was £2400 inc vat.
Someone damaged the van shortly afterwards which was a pain to resolve, wrap had to be taken off, metalwork repaired and repainted, you have to wait 6 weeks for the paint to cure fully before wrapping again, it was a ball ache!

There were also a couple of times the van was caught parked by other cars which is another pain to try and either polish out as it isn’t as easy as paint.

At the time of warpping this seemed the most cost effective solution however hindsight is a wonderful thing and upon reflection I’d have bitten the bullet and had a full respray over a wrap any day.

My respray was 6k including vat, this was full inside and outside so quite a bit of work involved, I’ve had the van ceramic coated too with full paint correction which makes the paint ping.

I’d go respray all day bud from my experience, save the pennies and put it towards paint!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts