VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

What do we think guys?? Hit a pot hole yesterday and woke up to a very flat tyre... Had a quote of £55 quid from a local place to weld it up. Does this seem reasonable?

How safe is welding?? I get the impression its not a brilliant idea.

Any ideas would be great. Seem singles with tyres going for about 70-100 quid.. :*

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
Theres potholes on my section of M60 , at mo ..!! Several wheel repairers in Stockport area..55 sounds cheap , to me , but , if you must run low-profiles , the outcome is predictable ..... !!

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Decided against repairing my rim as I found a genuine rs6 replacement from vw/audi spares in oldham for £70 inc a good tire. I thought an extra £15 for the peace of mind that it hadn't potentially been weakened was a fair price to pay. I was also very keen to get back on the road asap as I wanted to get to anglesey windsurfing for a few days.

The new rim was in gunmetal gray which looks proper :cool: on my matt black van, so I'll be spraying the other 3 to match!!

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Decided against repairing my rim as I found a genuine rs6 replacement from vw/audi spares in oldham for £70 inc a good tire. I thought an extra £15 for the peace of mind that it hadn't potentially been weakened was a fair price to pay. I was also very keen to get back on the road asap as I wanted to get to anglesey windsurfing for a few days.

The new rim was in gunmetal gray which looks proper :cool: on my matt black van, so I'll be spraying the other 3 to match!!
Do they have any more at that price?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts