VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had 3 weeks of glorious weather in the South of France which tbh we were struggling with, what with the heat and insects (thank god we had a pool:cool:). We had booked a couple of pitches to stay at on the way back but we saw the weather forecast and cancelled them, ended up staying in Ibis Budget hotels. Not much dearer than a camping pitch (and a lot drier).
How have people been fairing as I’ve heard that the weather in Blighty has been bad for a while? Any camping washout nightmares? We’re fair weather campers, can handle the odd shower but some of the storms we’ve driven through the last couple of days were biblical :(

·
Registered
9,487 Posts
Here in Somerset the weather has been a tad messed up for just over a week now, i've had shorts and a t'shirt on for the past 5 weeks before this (not the same shorts and shirt) Rasp:

We've had lots of sunshine and quite a few short but sharp showers .
Campsite is dry with the very occasional 'squidgy' bit here and there but ground is still on the whole pretty firm T:

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good to hear you’ve not had it too bad B&T. Every time we saw a weather report in France there were Red & Orange storm warnings north of where we were. Spoke to people in England and they were all moaning about how bad the summer has been. We’re back home now and it’s been sunny all afternoon so maybe it’s going to pick up. Got a bank holiday trip planned to Wales so fingers crossed:gl

·
Registered
9,487 Posts
It ALWAYS rains in wales mate :D
Fingers crossed for you :gl

I think we've had it a lot better than some although it forecasts showers all week this end ...only time will tell . :rolleyes:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts