VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
10,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Once upon a time you get get a good deal on the forum and facebook with van prices where as all the other including eGay had the inflated ones, now its everywhere! I know VWs command a good price and even adding the sad scene tax but now I think they're starting to add taking the pi55 tax on top. What's more alarming is people are paying it! :eek:

Do you ever feel the urge to ask these people why they think their van is worth so much and warn people they are being ripped off or is just me being grumpy :* I would love to post some on here but I don't think I can be that mean I:

·
Banned
10,253 Posts
I was planning on holding on to mine for some time but now I might be persuaded to sell and buy me self a swanky motor LOL:

·
Registered
3,369 Posts
There's some high old prices going round at the moment - not prices I'd pay, personally. Its not sustainable, some people might get burned, but this is probably the most expensive time of year!

10,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just want to post asking if they are serious, same with parts too. I would love if my prices were over inflated for someone to tell me if mine were but not sure f they do :*

·
Banned
10,253 Posts
Incidentally what are the repayments like for the average T5 owner ? Do most of you have to pay a final payment at the end of the term or is that just for the later more expensive vans ? Just interested as I don't have any repayments on my T4 and no real depreciation so I'm pretty happy all in all no matter what the general trend in prices T:

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
Once upon a time you get get a good deal on the forum and facebook with van prices where as all the other including eGay had the inflated ones, now its everywhere! I know VWs command a good price and even adding the sad scene tax but now I think they're starting to add taking the pi55 tax on top. What's more alarming is people are paying it! :eek:

Do you ever feel the urge to ask these people why they think their van is worth so much and warn people they are being ripped off or is just me being grumpy :* I would love to post some on here but I don't think I can be that mean I:
Fine by me if my van is going up in value :)

·
Previously; Stoo
3,271 Posts
They used to be a van which worked for surfers, climbers and bikers etc.
Now they are bought by fat balding 40 somethings looking for the lifestyle vibe. Most of which couldn't walk up a mole-hill never mind scale a mountain...!!!

:*

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Now they are bought by fat balding 40 somethings looking for the lifestyle vibe. Most of which couldn't walk up a mole-hill never mind scale a mountain...!!!
What's your point, I'm 40, overweight, wear a hoodie when not at work but do have hair. Are you saying I shouldnt have a VW T4 caravelle?:*

Please offer an objective argument backing up your commentsT:

·
Premium Member
102 Posts

Its a work van !

·
Registered
1,025 Posts

Well, I'm in my fifties so that drops me out of that boorish classification...

Otherwise I'm right up there with that description....and your point Soulstyle is....?

·
Registered
103 Posts

:*Walking into dangerous ground my friend...lets be grown up about this...:* if a person is prepared to wait{I did for 9 months} a van will come your way.."the best comes to those who wait" or "a fool and his money are quickly parted"

Me i am 47..1 stone over weight and have a "sharp hair cut"..i cycle 60 miles a week

ErnieT:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts