VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to find out if my van is WV1 or WV2 however the MOT station mentioned my van is an import. possibly from germany.
Any thoughts?
it does start with 70SH

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Can you give us some info on the van? Engine size, year, wheelbase, number of factory fitted windows, number of factory fitted seats etc...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Thank you for your reply, i wrongly assumed i would get an email if anybody posted on my thread
The van is a
1.9 Diesel
M reg
factory fitted with the usual cab and 1 in the rear tail gate window
it also has a bulk head (half just up to the seats so you still see into the back)

I believe the Sliding door is not its original. the current one does not have a window fitted.

The reason i want to know it that i have read WV1 and WV2 have different safety implications for fitting a roll and roll bed with the intention of carrying two very precious future Vdubbers in car seats.

thanks for your help

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
almost forgot, it is a right hand drive. Germany idea came from the guy at the MOT station due to the odd VIN number

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just an update incase anyone finds this on a search. The VIN number on the drivers arch did begin with WV2 so i think we are good to go!!

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Just an update incase anyone finds this on a search. The VIN number on the drivers arch did begin with WV2 so i think we are good to go!!
dont asume that.A lot of t4 vans were stamped wrongly wv2 when they should have been wv1 this is more common than people think.so if it left factory as a van ie no side windows it is a wv1 and doesnt have the reinforced seatbelt mountings. so be carefull double check.

10,824 Posts
Hi Thank you for your reply, i wrongly assumed i would get an email if anybody posted on my thread
The van is a
1.9 Diesel
M reg
factory fitted with the usual cab and 1 in the rear tail gate window
it also has a bulk head (half just up to the seats so you still see into the back)

I believe the Sliding door is not its original. the current one does not have a window fitted.

The reason i want to know it that i have read WV1 and WV2 have different safety implications for fitting a roll and roll bed with the intention of carrying two very precious future Vdubbers in car seats.

thanks for your help

It doesn't matter which it is as it's possible to fit belts in the rear regardless just have to be done in a different manor T:

·
Banned
2,103 Posts
dont asume that.A lot of t4 vans were stamped wrongly wv2 when they should have been wv1 this is more common than people think.so if it left factory as a van ie no side windows it is a wv1 and doesnt have the reinforced seatbelt mountings. so be carefull double check.
mine is wv2 and had no windows but the seatbelt parts are all in including the nuts ,

1 - 13 of 13 Posts