VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys can anyone tell me 100% will the 360 work with a standard good quality inverter of the correct power or does it have to be a pure sign one. The psu is 200-240V- 2.7A input AC on the xbox

If anyone has one hooked up and working without any issues if you can let me know what you are using it would be much appreciated.

Cheers
Neil

·
Registered
689 Posts
works off my 600w bog standard one no issues, but your better going the straight 12/5v route i am in the process of doing this at the moment just waiting on a few bits to finish it.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
works off my 600w bog standard one no issues, but your better going the straight 12/5v route i am in the process of doing this at the moment just waiting on a few bits to finish it.
I was looking into that a while ago, found a few things on youtube showing 12v and 5v pickups on the inside of the xbox. Do you have a tried and tested way using all the correct parts? Would be really keen to know exactly how you are doing it.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Not all inverters are the same though, some do a pretty good job of a modified AC waveform, some do a really dirty one. Trial and error I suppose, I would go for a brand name unit, not a no-namo off ebay.

·
Registered
518 Posts
I have a 800 watt one which works ok but when u turn the Xbox on it does use a bloody lot of power so I have to turn off tv then switch on Xbox let load then turn on the tv for some reason this works if do both at same time the inverter bleeps and turns off T:

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
I have a 800 watt one which works ok but when u turn the Xbox on it does use a bloody lot of power so I have to turn off tv then switch on Xbox let load then turn on the tv for some reason this works if do both at same time the inverter bleeps and turns off T:

Exactly the same thing happens to me. Make sure you go for as big an invertor as poss (within reason). T:

·
Registered
268 Posts
Ive been looking around for this too, can you not wire the xbox to the battery as it is only 12v input...??? I used to run a ps2 in my car via a 12v adaptor...???

·
Registered
689 Posts
the xbox has a 12v~ 16A rail and a 5v ~ 1A the 12v might be a couple less depending Amps on your model, i bought an atx to xbox power cable to butcher and got a 5V 1A usb cig socket thing off ebay, whether your happy running it straight from a battery without any regulator is up to you, im happy doing this as it's only on when parked up so the batt voltage should be stable enough, for all the xbox cost im happy to try just waiting on the 1A usb thing from ebay to wire it up.
Also got a bluetooth stereo adapter to get the sound through the head unit & amps as when using the aux input it had bad interference but still to try that too

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bluetooth...cessories_FM_Transmitters&hash=item2eb67f4604

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Mine is going to be used while driving so I'd go the regulator route. Let us know how you get on and if you have anymore info or a guide that you followed for the correct pin/wires to connect up to 12v and 5v then that would be really handy

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Got zig unit with no facility to run 12v items so extra socket would be good!
I'm a bit confused mate, if you have a Zig with no 12v, how is the inverter being powered?. Do you mean campsite hook up mains on the Zig?

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Yes will just free up another mains socket that i can use for other things!
Sorry for the confusion but thanks for your help
Ahh, right mate, then no inverter in the equation at all. Yes just plug it directly in to campsite mains via the Zig,
Not trying to teach you how to suck eggs or cause any offence at all, inverters are so you can convert 12v in to mains 240v if you are not on a hookup using the leisure/van battery.

If you dont have enough sockets, use a small 4 way extension :)

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Yeah with ya! Was going to use inverter for tv just because its simply installed in my van will be on hook up tho so leisure bat should be topping up whatever it uses.
Bang a 12v *** lighter in there somewhere mate, only a small hole to drill and plenty of places to wire it up, inverter may or may not work well with your TV, some cause interference or buzzing.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts