VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Started the ol wagon up this morning and all good, heater coil light on, then off , started and off we went.

On motorway and came back on again.

Dont know diesels enough at the mo ( S2 avant man - 365bhp :ILU:)

HElp please?

Cheers

·
Super Moderator
9,246 Posts
is it a solid light or does it flash when your driving?

·
Super Moderator
9,246 Posts
check the rear bulbs theres prob 1 out.:)

·
BMW? You gotta be serious!
13,223 Posts
brake lights possibly, you could also have another prob, check all lights first

·
Super Moderator
9,246 Posts
tail or brake.

·
Super Moderator
9,246 Posts
Dun no when mine flashed the dealer told me to check the bulbs on the rear. find a garage or a big piece of glass window and back up. push the brake and turn on the lights. check the reflection. i think mine was of side brake lamp if memory serves me right.:)

·
13,223 Posts
the coil light is the fault recognition light on the t4, the most basic and the first one to check is brake lights, if one bulb is out it will come up if all are out the liklihood is brake light switch, but check bulbs first, has been known for bulbs to blow in tandem

·
13,223 Posts
start by checking your brake lights, this is the only light on rear that should bring coil light on, best to get someone to apply brakes whilst you look at rear, do you have high level brake light on the backof urs?

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
the coil light is the fault recognition light on the t4, the most basic and the first one to check is brake lights, if one bulb is out it will come up if all are out the liklihood is brake light switch, but check bulbs first, has been known for bulbs to blow in tandem
I fitted a set of LED smoked tail lights last night and all seems OK.

Will check though.

Was thinking that it was gonn a be more major so glad to know that it is potentially just lights and that when flashing is an error sign.

T:

·
13,223 Posts
of course its major if youve got no brake lights LOL:LOL:LOL: someone might remodel your van!

·
13,223 Posts
so will the bill from the bodyshop LOL:LOL:LOL:

apparently someone told me whos in the know some people (no nice people) remove their brake light bulbs to get rear ended and claim whiplash, insurance companies are getting rather hot on repeat whiplash claims now lol

·
Super Moderator
9,246 Posts
Can you fit resistance in line with the LED lights to trick the van to thinking they are normal lights. s3bug u should have guest the lights were at fault if they worked ok before changing them...:D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts