VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
offside customs
1,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well had a big smile on my face sat,even with all the ups and downs . my van was running
perfect,after cranking a thousand batteries flat she was up after a 3 month ordeal.
got in to day every thing litup as norm plug light out turnd key to start, and every thing went out there was silance,no life at all
battery good fuel guage stayed up, 53 relay clicking, what u think peeps
i know the starter switches are a bit dicky,do you think iv blown it with all that crankin?
53 plate 2.5 tdi t4

·
offside customs
1,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no worries gordon i think god is out to test me lol hows them spring assisters gettin on,they worked well on my last van.
get it over some speed bumps m8, they do the job just right.

·
Registered
6,655 Posts
they seem good so far.............but aint been any distance yet
but thanks again im hoping there gunna save my tyres........if they dont itl be cheeper to buy new springs than tyresLOL:LOL:

·
offside customs
1,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
bump hopein for some repllys guys, some one must have had this one.
what duz the 53 relay do

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Normally that clicking is just down to low voltage. I know you say the battery is good, but are the connections and earths to the battery, body and starter all good? that would be my place to start looking

·
Registered
10,602 Posts
Normally that clicking is just down to low voltage. I know you say the battery is good, but are the connections and earths to the battery, body and starter all good? that would be my place to start looking
I second this.

·
offside customs
1,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
im workin till 8 ill have a check when home and see the power levels in battary,just seemed very funny that all was so good
then one turn of key every thing went out. one minute i had ignition lights then the next none at all.
so instantly thought id blown somthing
ill up date latter tonight and many thanks for your time peeps for replyin
cheers dave

·
offside customs
1,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yep your probs right , with all that pump trouble theres not one that hasent ben messed and checkt or moved.
il haave a quik look tonight when home

·
Registered
450 Posts
bump hopein for some repllys guys, some one must have had this one.
what duz the 53 relay do
I've been led to believe it is the dual horn relay.

·
offside customs
1,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well well well the next time you all see me you all can slap me lol,iv just spent tow un half hour messin with earths , iv just missed the most obvuss still slappin my self.
started 840 pm volt meter on battary all ok terminals tight, took all earths off good clean vassaleaned up and back on,checked every other wire i could think of,went in house for abear anda think .
right, light bulb flashing brain on overdrive lets take battary off giveit full charge and start afresh first thing in morn,
this is the point when all barnsley must have heard my vocabrly lol as soon as i loosend the nut i heard a sizzel on the live and bingo all back to life.
just go s to show iv messed for 30 yearswith the spanners and petrol and never sore it ,its been stood for 3 month white fur on terminals in one of the worst winters wev had, even though they were tight, the connection wasnt there.
all cleaned up now and vasselend and runnig like a good un.
im now going to sit back with some beer and chukel to my self reading your posts telling me im a massive
twit lol
catch you all soon ravedaveRasp:Rasp:Rasp:H:Rasp:Rasp:LOL:LOL:LOL:LOL:LOL:

·
offside customs
1,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
how did i know youed be the first one to laffff bud,this year is going to be a crakkkker m8

·
Registered
149 Posts
Heyup pal, glad you didnt sell the bus,i know you were losing it big time trying to get it sorted.:)
I know when we spoke last night you said you felt a t**t but sometimes the simpleist things are over looked,good comments on here with bad connection comments.T:
Still you always give us a laugh palLOL:LOL:LOL:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts