VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Just bought a 2010 t5 from vw in Cardiff.

Need to take it to a local van centre for a few bits sorting out.

I'm in tadcaster so York or West Yorkshire van centre. Just wondering which one is best / anyone could recommend one?

Cheers

Tim

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Hi Tim - I know this is waaaaay old but for anyone else interested I've used both these places before (parents in York so there often but live in Halifax so W Yorks centre is only 20 minutes away).

West Yorkshire Van Centre were super helpful the one time I've been in. Was after some OEM wheel nuts when I changed from RR alloys to banded steels and new, they're £5 a bolt! So £80 for the bolts + the lockers so north of £100... They had a bucket of delivery mile bolts removed from vans with alloys when they fitted lockers so did me a cracking deal on bolts and new lockers. Can't fault them at all.

York Van Centre I had the van MOT'd at the other week. Again, can't really fault them apart from one thing - I asked them to do a wheel alignment but was half prepared for them saying it couldn't be done which, in the end they said. My van is pretty low and I'd heard about places not being able to align dropped T5s before. That said, I've been in touch with Exploria vans in Brighouse and they said they take all their lowered vans to the West Yorkshire Van Centre to get the alignment done and never had a problem!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts