VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1001 - 1019 of 1019 Posts

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
Re: Yorkshire - Merry Monk

i'll be there from 4, i can't get any earlier i'm affraid. Big Dav has talked about 2pm but I don't know what he and his convoy are doing?

big dav??

I know for sure that there are three other members coming about 4pm or therabouts.

·
Registered
149 Posts

Dont know whats happening,rave Dave has something else on and cant make it and no one else has replied:(ANYBODY?

·
Registered
149 Posts

A lack of communication here I think. If nobody can be bothered to reply and keep people informed it's a poor do indeed. I:
I agree pal ,i have been asking all last week for a cruise,meet times,start times etc.
I will defo be at Pledwick well meet 2mora near newmillerdam at 1.30pm if anyones interested in coming(excuse the plug DiscoDave)I:
Was looking forward to this one this aft but it looks like the later meet time has put a few off,hope there is a good turnout,weather looks good.
I will try and make the next one.T:

·
Registered
114 Posts

If I knew there were gonna be a few there I would tram up but don't wanna be the only one there. Pledwick well is not too far for me so think I will make one in.

·
Registered
114 Posts

How many members are there in the Yorkshire area?
Is it worth while compiling a list of the members that way it gives people an idea who's about and how many are actually interested in going to the meets.

Not trying to be a clever sod but after being a member of various other clubs that have regular meets you find out who can and can't be bothered. Obviously I appreciate not everyone can be there very time but the amount of people who say they will then they don't is very frustrating.

And yes before anyone says, I haven't been a member for long but I do like to say how I feel and not to put anyones nose out of joint.

·
Registered
2,449 Posts

Sorry chaps but as always i've asked for everyone's opinion on time and date location, and as per usual no reply other then the regular attendees. So it has been organized to suit those that usually show up.

Just as well really as it seems that most of the others have bottled it.

For anyone that is still thinking about it, we will be meeting this afternoon at 4pm at the chequers, I hope you can make it.

Can I please ask that next time we have a meet that we all chip in and say weather or not any particular dates suit and what time would be good? preferably with a bit of notice so it is not all being organized in the last five minutes.

I'll start the ball rolling an suggest a meet at escape towards the back of october. so who can come, when and what time.

·
Registered
188 Posts

Checking the thread, it sounds like 6 vans are coming, plus us, plus disco, plus 2 others who are coming but havnt posted. so 2 people per van ...I make that 20 people, plus the usual few stragglers.... sounds fine to me T:
Plus the food and beer looks good A:
Considering the nights are drawing in, and the weather getting worse and then the whole halloween/bonfire night/christmas party season thing, its only going to get harder to arrange the next meets.........so i'd come to this one - cruise or not!

·
Registered
2,449 Posts

And yes before anyone says, I haven't been a member for long but I do like to say how I feel and not to put anyones nose out of joint.
Problem for us (me and my family) can't always make regular meets, say third sunday of the month or similar. I'd like to say lets do every other wednesday night and a weekend meet now and again but most of the time I don't know if i'll be home for tea nevermind have enough time for a quick turnaround and be out to a meet.

Yorkshire is a massive area and i'm not sure if it wouldn't be a good idea to split it up a bit.

That said i'm about to put an email address in my signature for the purpose of compiling the list you sugested.

·
Registered
114 Posts

Myself and better half will be there.
As for exscape deffo for me as it's almost on the doorstep as for time and date I'm easy on any weekend but work alternate shifts so midweeks are an issue. Rasp:

Also happy to make the meets at the old post office and pledwickT:

·
Registered
114 Posts

As things stand I don't know anyone from here but will be driving the green shed (orrice) so go easy on me or I'll set the missus on yaT:

Will make myself knownT:

·
offside customs
1,818 Posts

hope you all had a good meet disco shame i was pushing for time or id be there , hate missin meets really pi......s..ers me off.
sounds like xcape is the best meet area for every one, so may well be better to stay as norm
sunday 4pm chat,meet old and new eat drive home happy.
what more do you want out of life well a million loto win wont go a miss but hay im happy
see ya all at xcape next month or so at the next meet
cheers all dave

·
offside customs
1,818 Posts

calling yorkshire t5 guys im looking for 4 old steel rims with old tyres any condition will do as i want them just to roll in and out of garage while spraying,so if any one needs 4 shifting pm me and ill pop over and collect
cheers dave

·
offside customs
1,818 Posts

oh forgot to mention whitby goth weekend fri 29th sat 30th at whitby caravan park great halloween weekend7/8 vdubs turn up every time great set of guys if ya fancy 2nts on the town get booked in as whitby was full last year
cheers dave

·
Registered
301 Posts

Disco- apologies for not making your meet, it sounded a good place (I checked the menu T:)
and its always nice to have a new venue. It would've been a bit tight for me anyway, but last week I lost one of my best mates and a fellow t4 owner,(part of the Malton crew, 'appster') at just 42 and without warning :( it seemed wrong for me to be there enjoying myself... I know its difficult trying to organise these things, so apologies again and am looking forward to your next 'do', maybe I'll catch some of the guys at VIKING this weekend.

·
Premium Member
10,679 Posts
Folks - just having a re-organisation of the regionals section and noticed you have 2 Yorkshire threads running, and that this one is very very large...with your permission i'll close this one now and suggest your meet organisation is continued on the other if that's OK? :)

Any problems, PM me... T:

1001 - 1019 of 1019 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.