VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
6,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
that there is no freedom of speech on here. By this I mean if those in charge don't like what you write it will be deleted. No matter how constructive, important and respectfully written the post may be.

Not bad considering we mere "members" only pay a tenner per year for the pleasure of being edited like school children with red pen through the spelling mistakes on your homework..

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
you read the rules and agree when signing up, whats so difficult :* :confused: is it the night for this or something, play by the rules of do one basically :ILU:

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
:no:no:no:no:no:no:no:no:no:no:no:no:no:no:no:no:no:no:no:no:no:no

do what your told young man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Cornwall Massive
2,838 Posts
...you've only just realised this? So many people of the old(er) guard on here have left or just don't bother to post that much any more - it's a real shame. The newbie to experienced ratio on here is through the roof now. The forum has lost many of it's informed and helpful members over the years with it's blinkered outlook on what it considers appropriate behaviour and it's attitude to 'dissenters' and often to people just having a laugh, albeit on their own terms. Welcome to the party :ILU:

·
Registered
6,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
theres plenty of other forums out there if you don't like this one :*
Yes I know there is and they don't delete perfectly acceptable well written and informative posts. But if that's how you like to be treated I guess you'll just blinker up and accept it. I'm sure there's a thread about this kind of behaviour in the WFC.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
i don't get it :* you expect to say what you want on here then gripe when its removed, would you walk into your local pub and tell the landlord face to face what you think of his pub and still expect to drink there [if of course you thought it bad] you could sit in the corner [waterfront] and swear billyo away of course, rules is rules.......simples.....

·
Registered
309 Posts
you read the rules and agree when signing up, whats so difficult :* :confused: is it the night for this or something, play by the rules of do one basically :ILU:
i dont know what the cause of this reply was but do you feel that helped matters?im quite sure you do a great job for not much thanks but their is no need to speak to people like that..

·
Registered
891 Posts
that there is no freedom of speech on here. By this I mean if those in charge don't like what you write it will be deleted. No matter how constructive, important and respectfully written the post may be.

Not bad considering we mere "members" only pay a tenner per year for the pleasure of being edited like school children with red pen through the spelling mistakes on your homework..
Bob is referring to a 'dog for sale post' today where the op rescued a spaniel from Manchester and was selling it on here four weeks later for £250. Any posts questioning the morals of the sale were deleted.

I've reported it and T4Chippy is looking into it. The thread was initially allowed with the best intentions by those making the decision but it should have possibly been suspended when people raised concerns and made valid points, at least until the admins had a chance to reconsider their original decision.

Just wanted to clarify as looking through Bob's significant amount of previous posts he isn't a 'moaner'. T:

·
Registered
6,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Bob is referring to a 'dog for sale post' today where the op rescued a spaniel from Manchester and was selling it on here four weeks later for £250. Any posts questioning the morals of the sale were deleted.

I've reported it and T4Chippy is looking into it. The thread was initially allowed with the best intentions by those making the decision but it should have possibly been suspended when people raised concerns and made valid points, at least until the admins had a chance to reconsider their original decision.

Just wanted to clarify as looking through Bob's significant amount of previous posts he isn't a 'moaner'. T:
An articulate and informed response. It does indeed mainly refer to the apparent trade in animals on here, that apparently was "cleared" by two moderators. It also refers to another one on a different thread too.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
i dont know what the cause of this reply was but do you feel that helped matters?im quite sure you do a great job for not much thanks but their is no need to speak to people like that..
it comes round like a full moon, moaners and gripers of posts made that fall out of the rules,thats all, not aimed at anyone in particular just the ones who don't play the game ;)

·
Banned
1,762 Posts

Although i dont think that this was the place to sell an animal, was the description any more suspicious than some of the vans sold on here, with the owners pals on here saying they know the van and it,s owner, and that it is such a good van, and they cant believe it has,nt sold yet, and coaxing others to buy it,,in the end without recourse, or legal responsability, just spouting off to get their pal a sale

·
Premium Member
30,977 Posts
An articulate and informed response. It does indeed mainly refer to the apparent trade in animals on here, that apparently was "cleared" by two moderators. It also refers to another one on a different thread too.

would that be me then I:

quite happy to discuss on a "non" for sale thread amicably T:

·
Formerly known as "dzv0ry" (but nobody knows why)
1,221 Posts
I administer intranet 'wanted' and 'for sale' pages (amongst others) at work, we stopped any animal related posts after a short time as it always stirs up differences of opinions.

It was one thing people selling litter after litter of cats or dogs, but then you get someone asking for a home for some goldfish as they are filling a pond in, otherwise they go down the toilet :eek: Hard, but easier not to post any.

·
Registered
6,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
and what game might that be? the one that allows trading without paying the traders rates? I'm sure those genuine traders are ok with that. Or is it the game of people thinking they are in a position to say who comes, who goes?

·
Registered
625 Posts
As the person who posted the post about the dog, As far as im aware and the forum, I posted a for sale ad for said dog.

Now notwithstanding the fact i was asking a fee for said dog and the fact i have only had him for a month really does not matter a jot. I posted it because at the time i got him i wasnt aware i cant have more than 4 where i live.
Now i do one of many things i can do.

1, Place a ad in a forum i have the utmost respect for the dog in question, I didnt lie about i only had him for a month, Or not tell his prior history. All i wanted to do was secure a safe and loving home for said dog for a fee to hopefully cover some money i have spent on him. Not only that but at least i could keep up with how he is doing if a fellow forum member was to have him.

2, I could have just placed him in a rescue and he would have taken a place of a more needy rescue case.

3, Just chuck him out but thats not a option.

Now i am sorry that i posted this ad and caused this much trouble to the forum.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts