VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone got one of these in their bus? im after the wiring diagram/instructions or some pointers of how to fit it. Cheers rich

·
HORACE
1,589 Posts
Haven't seen one of these for a while, I was a caravan engineer and they were fitted in the early 1980's, they were a troublesome unit and only had a 5amp charge on most and that always burnt out, we used to by-pass the internal charger and put a separate 20 amp charger in the caravan. My honest advise is stay away from caravan parts as they are not man enough for what we demand. Thats only my opinion and I now do camper conversions for a living so know a little about these things LOL:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haven't seen one of these for a while, I was a caravan engineer and they were fitted in the early 1980's, they were a troublesome unit and only had a 5amp charge on most and that always burnt out, we used to by-pass the internal charger and put a separate 20 amp charger in the caravan. My honest advise is stay away from caravan parts as they are not man enough for what we demand. Thats only my opinion and I now do camper conversions for a living so know a little about these things LOL:
Cheers mate, ill leave that lil bit of kit alone then. My old man gave me a load of gear after he stripped his caravan out was trying to keep to my £0 budget build but its back to the drawing board :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts