VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
New to this

. Just purchased a T4 Auto Sleepers Trooper with the 2.4 non turbo diesel engine.
My question is about the Zig CPX31 unit. It has 2 strange looking sockets to connect "something" to it.
The first is a 12 Volt 10 amp cigarette lighter style, which is smaller in diameter than your normal "ciggy" one.
The second is again 12volt 10 amp however tis has 2 flat pin connectors one above the other like this =
What are they for and do I need some special adaptors?
Cheers

Phil

·
Registered
T4 2 Ltr AAC one of the first RHD off the production line 1991
110 Posts
Hi Phil,

Have the same unit in my trooper, both the sockets you mention are for 12 volt accessories like the main cig socket, you can buy an adaptor plug for the round one, but then you end up with 6 inches of plug.

To make mine universal for any accessory I bought a Ring 3 way adaptor (has a indicator built in) and replaced the plug with a dual one, the link below shows the type of plug.

Enjoy the van, I love mine it's so well thought out.

http://www.the12voltshop.co.uk/Shop...ads-and-adaptors/12v-plugs-and-sockets-auto-/

Cheers

Chris

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers Chris,
Thanks for the reply, at least I have some idea now. Still not sure why they decided to use such a system when there where other more common and accessible connectors available!! :confused:
Yes, love my Trooper too, and it was born just a few miles away.A:

Phil

1 - 3 of 3 Posts