VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as ive a 2.5 tdi ,in need of a new zorst ,my plan was to get a new 2.4 de cat small stubb silencer now sorted ebay
than meter flex bent round for a side exit ,,,,sweet
but than ebay
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=380147073216&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT
so now ive got this ??
?maybe a bargin??

n than i bought one of these jamex silencer back boxes cheep

not to sure what to how to fit it all
any ideas ??does anyone fit localy ,
as far as i can see my cat flange 3 bolt would need to be welded to the zorst or clamped ??not to sure on diamiter of pipes .also not to sure how low it would hang ,than keep powerflow back box or change to magnex back box
any help or info would be gratfull

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Magnex looks sweet and will sound nice T:, a local exhaust fitter should be able to help with the 3 bolt flange and fitting the back box. Or maybe a forum member nearby is handy with a welder. Or how about using the cat pipe with it's flange, joined to the appropriate bit of exhaust system(clamped,should be easy enough), then the universal Magnex to finish it off.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Magnex looks sweet and will sound nice T:, a local exhaust fitter should be able to help with the 3 bolt flange and fitting the back box. Or maybe a forum member nearby is handy with a welder. Or how about using the cat pipe with it's flange, joined to the appropriate bit of exhaust system(clamped,should be easy enough), then the universal Magnex to finish it off.
the de cat pipe has a silencer built in to it .what i was gonna use as a side exit ,but was fancying a bit of a growl H:
prob sell the flex ,one of the silencers ,both stanless wooooo!!!,n de cat ,,or i wonder if theres anyone could help ??in exchange
prob a bit cheeky phoning powerflow to adapt one of there exhausts to fit ??I:

·
Registered
670 Posts
Get yourself up to Powells in Pool near Redruth, they custom made me a zorst with my own backbox, no probs.
Don't worry about boxes too much, mines straight through, decat, stainless 3" with a scorpion backbox grafted on, and it sounds just as quiet as standard!
If i did it again I'd ditch the back box and use one of Powells range of tips.

They have the flanges there as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts