VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

rickyrooo1's T5.1 Maisie

75K views 268 replies 39 participants last post by  rickyrooo1 
#1 · (Edited)
Finally got one, now got to get on with making it a camper, mrs roo says it's called MAISIE.....
it's a 2012 with air/electrics 57k miles
gonna be asking questions galore as well as hunting on here for ready available info, decided to go lowest miles newest as i could for my budget and worry about the conversion after so at least i knew how it was done and i could get it how i wanted from the start instead of adapting someone elses.
Pick up 19/9
it's having full service, cambelt, mot, 2 new tyres and a towbar fitted before i fetch it.

See less See more
#2 ·
Re: rickyrooo1's T5.1 masie (blame the mrs)

Spot on, great choice and just the way we decided to go, just remember you have a great van to start, so the bits and pieces your adding to a van thats already sought after, no good spending on someone else's ideas and trouble.

Get some picks up when you can, 19th not too far away :DT:

#3 ·

Enjoy the journey matey. Everyday felt like xmas when we did ours and I ended up on first name terms with loads of different couriers as they delivered those brown boxes with all the lovely goodies inside !!!A:A: T:T:

#7 ·

Well done neighbour, glad you found one so quick (with Aircon):D........keep us all posted as you progress!A:A:
cheers matey would appreciate a meet up so you can cast your eye on it while i have warranty if you'd be up for that?

#18 ·

picked the van up today, ran lovely on the 130 mile trip back at speeds 80-100 mph on the m6 was awesome to be in a van that drives like a car and not like a truck, the garage did a couple of extras on it from what we agreed, it's had new rear brake pads and instead of 2 new tyres they did 3 so the spare is brand new too, it's been earning it's stripes already as i fetched 8 bags of sand 2 cement and 4 gravel, i'm having to widen the drive to get it on with the car as well.

#20 ·

Go take to its first show tomorrow.....V Dubs in the valley Bridgnorth!T:
Ha! It's a plain white van mate, no shows for a long time yet *the shame* anyway, gotta finish my drive, it's sat on the road all night and I ain't slept worrying.

#21 ·

Been away in the van this weekend to "techenders" (this is a meet i help run teaching people how to fix their vans (mainly bays but we had a T4 and 2 T5's this time....
It was great to get away in although a bit of a pain sleeping in the awning as the van is still just a panel!
I've taken the bulkhead out and booked it in to have the roof windows and soundproofing/insulation done as well.

Also at Techenders a mate of mine hooked her up to vagcom to check the faults stored and check it hadn't been clocked!

#22 ·

Taken the lining out in preperation for the van conversion on monday.

annoyingly someone removed the proper liners.

Removed the step as i'll get a deeper one with a light in found a nice water trap.

Can't wait for it to go in now to be done, need to get cracking!

#24 ·

Got the van back today from Vanhaus, Adam and his lads did a great job, i've had roof, 4 windows, soundproofing and carpet, plus a swivel seat, will do better pic's tomorrow it was raining and going dark, also had interior lights relocated an 4x led's added.

can crack on now with floor and wiring etc. Rasp:

#30 ·

Found a guy local (tamworth) ACH glassfibre mouldings - phil who does a decent copy of a "deep" step charged me £35 to collect - usually £40 posted hole for light is blanked off but could be reinstated i guess, perfect for the deeper floor,
anyone wants his details pm me - or if it's ok i'll add it on here?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.