VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Could you tell me what size are the AT tyres. They look really good on the van.

I have a set on my wife's Land Rover Disco and they have done 50,000 miles and have a good third of the tread left. So after seeing this van, thought what about putting some on my van. Does it drive nice with them on?

Cheers,
Taff.

·
sc vw customs 1.9tdi convert
17,028 Posts

I have a set on my wife's Land Rover Disco and they have done 50,000 miles and have a good third of the tread left. So after seeing this van, thought what about putting some on my van. Does it drive nice with them on?

Cheers,
Taff.
Banded steels and tyres supplied by me mate if you wanted any more info...

Cheers si

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #25

Cheers,
Taff.
Cheers - 235/70/16 - to put this size on you need the steel wheels banded as above.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Savage van. Really like that look. T:

Is there much road noise from those tyres and has it lowered your fuel consumption?
Road noise is slightly noticeable at 50 plus - not really an issue though, I have yet to insulate or cover the wheel arches yet which is in the pipeline.

For me Fuel consumption is identical.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
That is an awesome look T: I quite fancy this for the winter would this work if the vans dropped on 40 H&R springs though?
over to the experts?
I imagine it would be ok lowered but havent seen it done yet, ask Colese on here - a good online trader

·
Registered
1 Posts
Love the van! I'm doing something similar with mine soon, just wondered if you get any rubbing at all with those size wheels?

·
Registered
139 Posts
What a lovely van, health to drive!T:

I like the look of the banded steel wheels and tyres, was this chosen for aesthetics or practical reasons? They do look very durable indeedA:

21 - 40 of 55 Posts