VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

181 - 200 of 220 Posts

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #181
Finished the ply lining on the walls this weekend just have to do a few bits of door. Rear doors are a nuisance as the window blacks are 650 x 700 so use a large lump of ply. Think I will wait and see what we have left over ;)

And then shaped up all the seat bed base panels around the B post and the curve of the wall ready for the trimmer who is coming to have a look see in the morning.

The seat belts look painful but they are getting replaced.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Especially for Bryn I have updated my wiring diagram above T:

:D its all good you didn't need to alter it

We just got back from a trip, the votronic gear worked well, except for the solar input readings, but it was still charging from the solar.

Tomorrow i'll remove it all so i can send it back to be looked at, hopefully it doesn't take to long as we want to head off soon.

I'd laugh about the spirt level, but when i got my awning fitted the installer used a spirt level :* it was about 30mm out from the straight lines of the roof, windows.

i had to take it elsewhere to get it redone

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #183
So we had a week off but this week we have been hard at it. TBH honest I have a great time working with a really good chippy and the result so far is looking amazing.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #184
Livened up mission control and everything worked first time

Table tops from Keith @ Chippy's Workshop arrived this week

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #186
And we are still making progress,

So today Fred had his passport rabies jab, we booked ferries and tickets for Le Mans - our 24th trip to the 24 heurs du Mans ?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Had a busy few days getting all the carcasses fabricated

Wanted to double check the bikes would fit, a bit of a squeeze but we can get two bikes and the Bouldering mat in ok

The bed has ended up 2.1m x 1.25m so I'll be ok for sleeping :D

Have a bit of work left doing the final clean up and then off for powder coating T:

·
Registered
93 Posts
I'm sitting here mouth wide open. Absolutely stunning.
The tabletop is amazing and there was me going to make a new table with a sheet of mdf and Formica. Nope not happening now.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #189 (Edited)
I'm sitting here mouth wide open. Absolutely stunning.
The tabletop is amazing and there was me going to make a new table with a sheet of mdf and Formica. Nope not happening now.
Keith @ChippysWorkshop is famous for them. Also did some smart ones for our T6.

His designs or yours but always a fair price for something a bit different.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #190
Bed Time :D

During the day pillows and bedding simply roll up into the head board unit - no more making things away in the morning ;)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Looking good T: You must be nearly finished now, how are you doing with the 90 day conversion time limit? Have you got any idea what your final vehicle weight will be?

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #192
Looking good T: You must be nearly finished now, how are you doing with the 90 day conversion time limit? Have you got any idea what your final vehicle weight will be?
Another 2or 3 of weeks should see us there. We are promising a trial run to the West Country and have booked the ferry anD tickets for Le Mans and a couple of weeks in Brittany.

We are just past 90 days but they have extended another 90 days based on progress / lack of use.

And hate to think but totting things up I reckon around 3 tonnes. It ceraptainly feels heavier but drives OK. I will take it to a weigh-bridge and find out. If it is a problem I have a few options.

·
Registered
56 Posts
The extra 90 days is handy, can I ask who you insured with? We are hoping to come in under the 3 tonne mark fully loaded, as we spend quite a bit of time in the high alpine regions and only have the 140 bhp engine, pretty sure it will be fine as our T5 only had 130 and that always pulled well.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #194
@MutleyDog in the past I have stuck with C&CC Clubcare but they would not do value of self build. I ended up with LV Highway though Caravanwise and even then I am on their max for a self build even with the tracker. In a year or two once the residual drops I will look at C&CC again.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #196
Added bling with new wheels, Alutec Grip Transporter;

Plucked up the courage to cut and fit a one piece window trim and very vampy with the result;

Coving panel does a neat job of finishing the curved roof, just have to devise a finish to the cable trunk at the cab end;

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #198
Well Happy - got my V5 back today - now officially a Motor Caravan T:

Mind same as the last T6, despite my filling it in and including it the letter DVSA didn't change the number of seats.

On the phone on Monday :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #199
This week I made the smallest room in the house workable until the end of the month when I get the custom shower tray from Hendersons.

And then I made an even smaller room with added cassette access;

·
Registered
56 Posts
Well Happy - got my V5 back today - now officially a Motor Caravan T:

Mind same as the last T6, despite my filling it in and including it the letter DVSA didn't change the number of seats.

On the phone on Monday :rolleyes:
That's great news, when is the first trip out?

181 - 200 of 220 Posts