VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1701 - 1720 of 1720 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hei,

I'm just over the border in Norway (but im english I:). I bought my exclusive in Norway and the price was pretty much the going rate for the rest of europe. The prices seem to be equal for these vehicle nation to nation. Thats not a bad price really. What engine has this one got? (2.4 AAB non turbo or 2.5 ACV (or other)). The mileage you state there is low for the age I reckon.

Its body work to look for me. Sills, front arches and round the front door and fuel filler are the best places to look. Have you got any photos? Check if the fridge works. I had to repair mine but new ones cost almost £1000ish. Make sure the westfalia control panel at the front works too. They are hard to get hold of these days.

Good luck T:
Great tips, thanks a lot. I will have that in mind.
Your car looks great. Very nice photograph!

I do not have pictures, but I do have a link.
https://www.blocket.se/goteborg/VW_Westfalia_California_Exclusive_81623677.htm?ca=15&w=1

Sim

·
Premium Member
629 Posts
Great tips, thanks a lot. I will have that in mind.
Your car looks great. Very nice photograph!

I do not have pictures, but I do have a link.
https://www.blocket.se/goteborg/VW_Westfalia_California_Exclusive_81623677.htm?ca=15&w=1

Sim
T:T:T:

That van looks very nice indeed! I'd be quite happy with that for the price. Electric windows too. Thats what i'm trying to fit on mine. My knee keeps banging the winder handle on mine. Its had the sink tap replaced which is good. Just replaced mine after it broke.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Re: T4 Westfalia California Exclusive - 100 watt Solar Panel fitted

Not sure if it's of any interest but here are some pictures to show how I fitted a 100 watt solar panel to my California Exclusive

There is a simply route through from above the washroom light, you will see the wire coathanger I used (an absolute godsend) to pull cables through.
Take your solar cable from the light fitting into the bathroom cabinet, then from there feed it down the right hand side of the washroom sink.
From there I used my trusty coathanger to pull it through from the fresh water tank to the leisure battery.
If anyones interested I'll go in to it in more detail, I have a few more pics too that might help.
This took me days, but I think it could be done in a morning with all the right bits to hand and knowing where you're taking the cable through. One of the hardest bits was screwing the panel to the aluminium angle because it sits in a recess but I managed it with a homemade right angle screwdriver :cool:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, got my Exclusive - 95, white 2.4 - a couple of weeks ago and managed to get away for our first night on Saturday. Couldn't keep the smile off my face all weekend. Went to the Cairngorms and had a brilliant time. The wash hand basin tap micro switch was broken and I'd avoided tackling it for fear of damaging the paneling etc. Took the fuse out and bought some bottled water. Had a go at replacing it on Monday though and found it was pretty easy to do. We now have running water in the kitchen, basin and a flushing toilet.

·
Premium Member
629 Posts
Hi, got my Exclusive - 95, white 2.4 - a couple of weeks ago and managed to get away for our first night on Saturday. Couldn't keep the smile off my face all weekend. Went to the Cairngorms and had a brilliant time. The wash hand basin tap micro switch was broken and I'd avoided tackling it for fear of damaging the paneling etc. Took the fuse out and bought some bottled water. Had a go at replacing it on Monday though and found it was pretty easy to do. We now have running water in the kitchen, basin and a flushing toilet.
Diesel non-turbo 2.4?

Is that the tap in the back that broke. I had to swap the main tap a few months back. Went for the shower type with the extending hose. You can run it out the side window for a shower too

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
629 Posts
I thought I'd have a bash at swapping my halos for LED rings. Big mistake! When I was trying to melt the adhesive, I applied too much beef and cracked the bugger! BUGGER!! However every cloud.... Reverting back to OEM lights looks quite nice now. I resprayed the bumper and the grille insert and finally fitted the OEM fogs too after having the bits for ages. Looks way better now. What do you guys reckon though? Angel eyes or original? The bra has bitten the dust for now too.

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ouch! Still it's done now so no point comparing.
When are you going to turn the old ambulance in the background into a Ghostbusters replica?

·
Registered
5 Posts
So, this is my problem. I recently upgraded my t4 exclusive to syncro.
I can no longer storage the spare tire underneath the van.
My thought is to use the holes of the back side where the bike rack is mounted, for a construction where it can hold the spare tire and mount a 2 bike rack over the spare tire with a usual spare tire bike rack!
The wholes are the original and they are made to hold weight.
Do you think there might be a problem for all this weight capacity?
Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Interesting question... as for the weight you'll have no problem; the bike rack is spec'd for 40Kg.
But unless you're thinking of traveling across Siberia, why do you need a spare?
I have a 2.5L petrol executive with a GPL tank where the spare wheel used to be.
There's no legal obligation to carry a spare and I have a gel/puncture repair kit instead.:*

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone.looking for my firstvan, and really like the idea of an Exclusive, and struggling to find a decent van. Clearly people are happy and don't move on very often.
I've seen a high milage (180k miles) 2.5 petrol/lpg. 1996 pre facelift in light green metalic for C £14.5k Sounds well cared for, with most things functional an d decent condition. What are people's view of this no of miles on a petrol.? Ultimately new engine etc isn't the end of the world, but wondering weather to hold out for one less miles ( newer with airbags Aircon etc) and less retro colour. ( I have a teenage daughter) , but seem to have been looking for years 😶 thanks for any words of sense to help my sanity.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I got my exclusive in the summer, 2.4 diesel with about 84,000 miles. It's the ultimate camper for me. Can't advise on whether the petrol engine with that mileage is a gamble, but I'd definitely advise you not to compromise and go for anything other than an Exclusive, I doubt there's a better designed camper out there.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi everyone.looking for my firstvan, and really like the idea of an Exclusive, and struggling to find a decent van. Clearly people are happy and don't move on very often.
I've seen a high milage (180k miles) 2.5 petrol/lpg. 1996 pre facelift in light green metalic for C £14.5k Sounds well cared for, with most things functional an d decent condition. What are people's view of this no of miles on a petrol.? Ultimately new engine etc isn't the end of the world, but wondering weather to hold out for one less miles ( newer with airbags Aircon etc) and less retro colour. ( I have a teenage daughter) , but seem to have been looking for years thanks for any words of sense to help my sanity.
Try and get the 2.5 Tdi AcV engine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1701 - 1720 of 1720 Posts