VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

caddy maxi camper build thred

276K views 230 replies 70 participants last post by  CaddyMaxiRHD 
#1 · (Edited)
well, been on here for years and never done a build thred, so here goes, sold my beloved t4 in summer and bought a caddy maxi,,,,, heres how we are going up to now....

here is max as we bought him

arriving at home

striping out the ply..

fitting a shark fin areal to replace the orange beacon

looking for a nice neat place to fit the eberspacher...

See less See more
#20 ·
Decided that my T4 is now too good for use as a daily driver and deserves to be 'retired' for weekend leisure use only so I'm heading to the auctions tomorrow to pick up a Caddy for my 'winter project' so here's another thread I'll be subscribing to....

Looking good so far buddy and I'm not a million miles from you either so we'll be able to compare notes!

Best of luck with the conversion.

#21 · (Edited)
had all my sound proofing and insulation delivered today form here http://www.classicacoustics.co.uk/
quality products and fair easy to use once you get your head round it....
finished work early ( school & snow = early finish ) and started on the van for a couple of hours....

#28 ·
got some more done today, working in the garage with a heater on out the snow, really need a dry saturday or sunday to do the main carpet areas now

lining panels templated and cut out to keep the shape inside...

ply top panels fitted

both side doors both trimmed in MVM carpet, a joy to work with compaired to some ive used over the years...

and had a play with the rear doors and did an embossed volkswagen logo

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.