VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 3679 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #21 (Edited)
Trying to get a downpipe to suite to V70 Manifold and Turbo configuration which is the oppsoite side to the standard T4 set up.

compressor housing inlet is on the O/S and compressor outlet points down

·
Registered
646 Posts
loks like you got some good bits there mate should be good when ya done with it.

how long before its up and running you think, i know its trial and error and devlopment.

cheers jaz

·
Premium Member
3,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
loks like you got some good bits there mate should be good when ya done with it.

how long before its up and running you think, i know its trial and error and devlopment.

cheers jaz
only need the down pipe , manifold gasket and oil return pipe and then it will be a couple of weeks.

The T4 is my daily driver at the moment but the wife get her new car in a week so i will have my Octavia VRS Back and will be able to get the T4 on the ramps and get it all fitted. :D

Got a downpipe delivered today but it's the wrong set up, its been made to fit the standard T4 Set up. with the exhaust turbine on the O/S :(

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
Can't you just cut the flange off the correct downpipe for that turbo, get a pipe bent to shape and weld the flange on. Can have a decent size downpipe then aswell.
Or just cut the correct downpipe where needed, rotate it to suit and weld it back up.

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
we dont name and shame on the forum bud..... Will is a stand up guy!!! If hes not answering his emails then there will be a good reason why......

when you get your downpipe fabbed make sure it has a flexiable section otherwise is will shake your turbo to bits......

£120 for a custom downpipe is well cheap:ILU:

·
Registered
4,220 Posts
Just been Alerted to this
Please give Will a chance to reply to his emails as I believe he is out Snowboarding in France at the Moment.
Dont really want to get involved in this but have always found Will a very helpful bloke who dabbles in the upgrading of T4 power and supplying aftermarket parts. Looking at the downpipe he supplied I would say he has either had that made thinking he's doing you a favour or it's one he's taken off of one of his vans.
Please!!! let's not get into Slating Good traders off on here T:

·
Premium Member
3,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Just been Alerted to this
Please give Will a chance to reply to his emails as I believe he is out Snowboarding in France at the Moment.
Dont really want to get involved in this but have always found Will a very helpful bloke who dabbles in the upgrading of T4 power and supplying aftermarket parts. Looking at the downpipe he supplied I would say he has either had that made thinking he's doing you a favour or it's one he's taken off of one of his vans.
Please!!! let's not get into Slating Good traders off on here T:
point taken as always, i just find that in this day and age if people don't answer e-mails its because they don't want to answer. :confused:

i always answer my e-mails even when on Holiday if i didn't i would oose my clients / customers T:

·
Premium Member
3,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #35 (Edited)
Update -

Got hold of a Volvo V70 Downpipe to use as a temple for a stainless downpipe.

Also does anyone have the part numbers for the Oil Feed & Return pipes detailed below, it will save me explaining them at VW when i order them T:.

or i may use some custom aftermarket pipes for the flow and Return as the Turbo is not a standard ACV Engine item.

most of them are standard 4AN Fitting which i have lost of from my Nitrous Systems.

·
Premium Member
3,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Cheers for that T:

All the parts are coming together now.

The boost pipes will be linked with a straight 300mm 51mm section, but once i fit an intercooler the Turbo outlet 90 will go straight to the LT Intercooler that will be fitted.

just the Oil lines now and all will be complete ready for installation:D

21 - 40 of 3679 Posts